Thursday, May 20, 2010

Something more...

I would like to know from where it is that we derive our personal worth. Is it from the clothes we wear? The cars we drive? The houses in which we reside? Hairstyles? Makeup? Shoes? Who are we and what are we doing?

Why is it that we pour so much time, money, and effort into accumulating petty items? I'm not condemning the ownership of any of materials; I don't believe it is wrong or shameful to be in posession of these, I would just like to know why we base so much of our own personal worth and time on such trivial items. Why are these items so important to us? Why do they become the center focus of our lives? I can't help but wonder, are so very captivated by this stuff that we are totally missing our potential to do truly great things?

I'm tired of playing stupid, meaningless roles in society. I want to mean something to somebody. I want to make changes that mean something. I want to share that feeling of love, the feeling of being the recipient of actions that originate from the goodness of one's heart, to those who have never experienced it.

I want my personal worth, my raison d'ĂȘtre, to come from helping others achieve a life that is filled with experiences based on helping them to pass on joy and goodwill to the rest of the world.

I just want to be a little bit more than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment